Initial requirements are as follows:
- Either have completed your high school diploma or be currently enrolled in 12th grade and on track to graduate.
- Have completed the free application to the LA Community College District and have a nine-digit LACCD student ID number.
- Possess a sincere desire to plan a career in criminal justice, public service, and the public good.
- Be free from any felony convictions or certain misdemeanor convictions that would prevent you from qualifying for peace officer status in California.
- Be willing to participate in a background screening, interview, and physical fitness test.
- Agree to attend a mandatory orientation session.
Additional requirements will entail:
- Providing contact information from a teacher or academic counselor who would support your application.
- Providing contact information from a law enforcement officer or other official who can vouch for your character and commitment to the law enforcement profession.
- Providing copies of your school transcripts.